Thursday, March 08, 2007

Sad News

I received some sad news late last night. I think I am just stunned and in shock. Dani my friend that was in NT was due to come back to Adelaide next month for my birthday. She went to Hospital complaining of chest pains the other day and yesterday sometime she had a massive heartattack and she died. Her body will be flown back some time soon. And funeral sometime next week I guess. Not sure on details yet. I have not cried yet as I am still stunned and shocked in disbelief. But I know it will catch up and sink in soon. I am ok at the moment. I can barely talk (voice keeps fading and keep coughing all the time) She was a very close friend to me. She split up with her DH last year sometime and miscarried a little boy the year before at 26 weeks.
she was 29.

I wrote a poem as I don't know how else to express how I feel right now.
May the wind on your face and tossled hair
Be still
May the pain in your heart for your Angel Son vanish
For you may hold him close now.
May your eyes quietly close and breath slowly fade
As you enter into eternity in Heaven.
May your wings grow and visit me
as I know I will truly miss you.
Know this that my heart will cry long tears as your face I will no longer see.
But will remember you and keep you safe in my heart
For a friend like you is hard to come by.
You were my sunshine to lift me up when I was down.
There was never a grey sky with you around.
Today there are storms in my heart.
But still no rain.
As my heart rages with disbelief and justification.
You have not left me, you are tied to my soul with friendship.
And I know I will be forever grateful to have that.
Even though you fly with the Angels now.

I love and will miss you Dani.
You are reunited now.

Poem By Lea

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachelle said...

Sharai, that is just aweful news - only 29. Makes you wonder what is in stall for us. I hope that you are still doing ok!

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home