Thursday, March 15, 2007

A Reflection of a Friend.

Went to the funeral today of my friend Dani. It was very nice, small but lovely. Michelle did a nice little talk about her too.
I am at my friend Michelle's place at the moment, she lives close by and I am going to head home soon. I don't know anyone at the funeral other than Michelle and I stayed a short time with the coffee and biscuits they have after. I have met Dani's parents and sister before but not very often as we only caught up mainly after she move out of home to down south. She was 18ish when she did.
It's been a difficult morning. I was invited with the family and Michelle to the viewing of Dani.
Inside I felt like I needed to go to prove to me and accept she is gone but also the chance to say a personal goodbye. Another part of me thought this was for just family. Michelle and Dani's sister (Michelle also - we call her Mish) held my hands and walked in with me. I looked at her mum tears streaming down her face, I just hugged her and said "she was one of my bestfriends and I loved her dearly". I looked down at her, she looked beautiful. And was wearing a lovely peaseant top and skirt she loved so much. She even had my friendship ring I bought her for her 18th birthday left on her fingers. I was a mess when I saw that. It had confirmed the sorrow in my heart. Her mum looked at me and asked if I wanted it. I said no its hers to take with her. It was our link together. I will truly miss her. I know the pain will ease in time, but I will never forget her.
Anyway I thought I'd jump on here clear my thoughts before I pick up Mitch and head home. Need to clear my eyes and wipe my face and head home. Today I reflect on the time I had with Dani, a gorgeous soul a beautiful friend and a generous person. I am thankful she did not suffer and that she is with her little boy now watching over me.


Thankyou to everyone who have posted in the forums, on here or sent emails, it means a lot to me. I think I'll have a quiet rest of the day.

Lea
ox

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann Lederhose said...

Lea, big hugs for you. What a tragedy to lose a friend so young. Thinking of you.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How lovely that she will take a little piece of your friendship with her. So very touching.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home